Thursday, 19 July 2018

{Know-how} D365 BPF - Business process flow Hide a field or Attribute using JS

Requirements are always crazy, suppose if you want to optionally hide and show a field in BPF it is possible with XRM object model. The only change is the prefix which you need to add to your attributes logical name

Xrm.Page.getControl("header_process_<field logical name>").setVisible(false);

{Know-how} D365 Advanced Find - Query users based on team - Createdby/owner/modifiedby Team

In dynamics community forum, I came across an interesting querying scenario using advanced find, the requirement is to query all leads created by a team. As we all know, all records in CRM are created by user and user is a team member in a team . Lets see how to query the same using advanced find

Advanced find => select leads in look for =>In query builder select field/related => select related "Created By(User)" => under "Created By (user)" select related "Teams" => Under "Teams" select field "Team" => select the team as your value with operator "Equals"

Hope this helps!

Tuesday, 17 July 2018

{Know-how}MSCRM Ribbon - No rows could be found for LocalizedLabel with id if LocalizedLabel were published

Lets have look into a issue I recently faced and fix for the same. Also will include other references that can help to solve root cause.

Error while publishing a ribbon customization at localizedlabel.
No rows could be found for LocalizedLabel with id 10000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 if LocalizedLabel were published


  • Include only the entities that requires ribbon customization
  • Remove the attributes - This causes localized label issue for most part
  • Remove all other components in entity which are not needed

Root Cause:

The issue seems to be with a corrupted localized label and when the attribute is included, CRM tries to publish the localized label and it breaks. 

In the below forum they suggest to remove the same using direct SQL, I would suggest to raise a ticket with MS in case if you face this issue.

Sunday, 8 July 2018

D365 - Alternate Keys for Duplicate detection

Recently, I came across few scenario's where I needed duplicate detection for some of the Primary keys from multiple systems.

MSCRM alternate Keys are handy in performing duplicate detection and the alternate keys are primarily used for simplifying Integration and Migration activities. On top it implements the unique constraint for a columns or combination of columns and this can be an robust alternate to duplicate detection rules in few scenarios.

Points to Keep in Mind while designing:

  • Alternate Key allows Null values. 
  • Alternate Keys can be composite
  • Alternate Keys can be used for upsert, retrieve, update and delete. 
  • Do not go for too many alternate keys, this may impact performance as each key will be an index in DB. Seems to be a filtered index in DB

Setting up an alternate key(Copy pasted from MS blog):
To define the alternate keys, go to Go to Settings > Customizations.. Choose Customize the System > Components > Entities > Entity <X> > Keys. Choose New. On the form, fill in the required fields (Display Name and Name) and then choose and add the fields to the key. Save the key. In the example shown here, we used the Account Number field in the alternate key definition.
Define alternate key for the account entity

Wednesday, 25 April 2018

D365 CRM Solution Import - The element 'savedquery' has incomplete content -List of possible elements expected: 'LocalizedNames'

The import file is invalid. XSD validation failed with the following error: 'The element 'savedquery' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: 'LocalizedNames'.'.

When a MSCRM solution import fails at system views with "XSD schema validation failed" error 

Root Cause:
When a system view columns/filter/description is modified and added to solution. Sometimes solution export engine excludes the view(savedquery) name. I have noticed this in project service related views.

  • Log into the environment where the solution is exported from and open the solution. 
  • Rename the view with some temporary name, then save and publish.
  • Again change the name back to it original state, then save and publish
  • Export again and re-import into destination

D365 CRM - Solution Import - Error occurred while fetching the report - SSRS

Solution Import Error:
Error occurred while fetching the report.

When a MSCRM solution import fails at reports and the error is something like "Error occurred while fetching the report"

Root Cause:
SSRS server is not up and running or having some issue. The same should also affect execution of reports in that instance. 

Contact Form


Email *

Message *